The Chrysalis

Director: Matt Kravitsky
Narrative short
Thriller, Drama, Romance | USA | 27 min
View trailer

Two sisters with vastly different life experiences get snowed into a warehouse where they form a relationship with a mysterious runaway.


Screens in Shorts Program: Peculiar Encounters
Screens in Shorts Program: Thrills and Chills

Monday, June 24, 2019 7:00 PM
Shorts Program: Peculiar Encounters
Paranormal Books & Curiosities
This showing
has passed

Shorts Program: Peculiar Encounters

Monday, June 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Paranormal Books & Curiosities

Ticket Type Price Qty. Add To Cart
Friday, June 28, 2019 5:30 PM
Shorts Program: Thrills and Chills (Kingsley Rm #2)
The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel
This showing
has passed

Shorts Program: Thrills and Chills (Kingsley Rm #2)

Friday, June 28, 2019 5:30 PM

The Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel

Ticket Type Price Qty. Add To Cart

Director’s bio:

Matt has been making films since he got his first camcorder at age 8, and has been addicted since. He has always wanted to put the ideas in his head out there for other people to see. It wasn’t until college when he made his first film that wasn’t a silly little sketch. It was life changing for him to see the images in his head almost exactly translated to images on the screen.

His dream is to move to Los Angeles to pursue filmmaking after college because after interning on the Sony lot at The Montecito Picture Company where he did script coverage he fell in love with the city. He has also attended the Sundance Film Festival each year in film school, which made him fall in love with the independent film industry as well.

He currently is a freelance director in New England and also has worked on set for the films KNIVES OUT, SOUND OF METAL, and FROTH & BUBBLE as well as The History Channel, The Cooking Channel, NBC, CBS, multiple short films, and commercials for Grey Goose, Reebok, Bigelow Tea, and IBM.

“I’d say 75% of my life is dedicated to something related to film, and the other 25% is filled with eating Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. I am also obsessed with collecting DVD’s (I have 1,044 and counting), and hope one day my films will make it on other people’s shelves.”